lessons

Post your questions about your game and seek swing help here.

Moderators: parteeboy, ssp, jick, w2, xxio, Jack aMMo, temiatwork, weed_whacker, judaschylde, leftys59, golpher, Dandy, tjgato, qt_arvin

lessons

Postby archiem31 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 pm

wheres a good place to have lessons near paranaque?.
archiem31

Re: lessons

Postby qmaster » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:20 pm

archiem31 wrote:wheres a good place to have lessons near paranaque?.

There are not much choices and depends where in Paranaque do you stay.

If in and around BF Homes,

1) nearest will be Southpoint in Fil-Invest, range fees is quite expensive though at Php 400/hr.
Coaches are Mic Que, Jun Legaspi, Superal brothers, Mario ( forgot his last name ) and a few more
2) Las Pinas driving range, last I heard is Php 50/ 40 balls tray,
Swing coaches are Rico Depilo, Robert Pactolerin, and 2 more I do not know the names.
3) Wait till the new golf course in Daang Hari opens, I heard September, Driving range and practice
greens will be available, I do not know how much the fees will be. Swing teachers will be availbale also
I was told.

If near the Airport,

1) Villamor, a number of swing teachers are available
2) Navy

That's it.
qmaster

Postby Shambles » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:14 am

You might be best off cost wise running to Villamor and looking for Nonoy Pactolerin. He is a believer in the David Leadbetter ideas and did some training in Korea. He has a good eye for finding swing faults and does not cost much.

Essentially, if you're new to the game, almost anybody can give you the basics. If you want the best structured lessons I was much impressed by Mic Que over at the Southpoint range in Alabang. He was teaching Mrs. Red while I was dickering with Red over a set of shafts and I watched him teach her the very important lesson of balance in what was literally the blink of an eye. A very impressive lesson that I thought important. Unfortunately I never noticed him teaching since, as the place carries a hefty price so I don't go there all that often. Nice place but you need deep pockets to be there.

Rico Depilo over at the Las Pinas range is also a good teacher. I saw him take a young lady through all the basics and put her on the right road to improvement. As has often been the case, the girl was a very good student. Girls are more often better students than men because they grow up patient and know how to listen and follow direction. I liked the way he taught her details in the midst of generalities and got her swing form way good in less than an hour. All the more impresive as in the next bay her boyfriend was struggling trying to teach himself and making a mess.

Shambles
Shambles

Postby pcapiz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:42 am

You can look up Andrew Ong's contact info in one of the stickies or Go to southpoint in filinvest alabang and look for mic que.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Callaway X HOT 9.5
Callaway Razr hawk DJ7 15 deg.
Callaway razr X 21 deg.
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 24
Callaway 07 X Forged
Callaway X forged wedges 52/58/60
Rossa Corza Ghost
[/color]
"Kung maiksi drive mo lakasan mo palo sa susunod!!"
pcapiz

Postby ev0six » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:39 pm

qmaster wrote:1) nearest will be Southpoint in Fil-Invest, range fees is quite expensive though at Php 400/hr.
Coaches are Mic Que, Jun Legaspi, Superal brothers, Mario ( forgot his last name ) and a few more

Mario Rioveros (my swing coach). He's not a regular at the range and only shows up by appointment.
ev0six

Postby devgru » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 am

Hi. Seeking recommended Pros who can teach me and wife in Valley Golf. Thanks.
devgru

Return to Instruction